Thank You for Your Interest in Specialists in Companion Animal Neurology!
Specialists in Companion Animal Neurology (SCAN) accepts resumes for veterinary assistants and veterinary technicians for our Naples and Clearwater locations on an ongoing basis. As the premier veterinary neurology referral hospital in Southwest Florida we look for those individuals who are interested in working in a rewarding and professionally fulfilling environment.
Our current teams of motivated and dynamic veterinary assistants and veterinary technicians have excellent oral and written communication skills to keep up with a fast-paced caseload while maintaining compassion. Prior experience in veterinary medicine is preferred but we are always willing to train the right dedicated and ambitious individual. These positions also require rotating On Call duty for after-hours advanced diagnostics and/or surgery.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Providing customer service & care to all clients with compassion & excellence in mind.
· Providing care for animals in a compassionate manner.
· Having a happy, helpful, and professional attitude towards pet owners.
· Helping to restrain animals for veterinarian and veterinary technicians, to include radiography and other procedures.
· Conducting or assisting in blood draws, processing of lab tests, filing reports, and completing necessary lab forms.
· Administering medication, to include PO, SQ. (Must be able to make pharmaceutical calculations).
· Changing IV fluids.
· TPR, tracking vital signs of patients and making proper notations.
· Cleaning and sanitizing the all animal facility areas including labs, treatment rooms, exam rooms, cages, bathrooms, lounges, and reception areas.
· Providing clean food, water, and bedding for animals, as well as walking them.
· Examining animals to detect behavioral changes or clinical symptoms that could indicate illness or injury.
· Cleaning & sterilization of surgical instruments & operating rooms, as well as wrapping surgical packs.
· Cleaning runs/cages, as well as bathing patients when necessary.
· Receiving animals and placing them in proper areas.
· Getting animals ready for discharge.
· Unpacking & restocking inventory (up to 50 lbs.) and other pet supplies as needed.
· Doing laundry and cleaning and sanitizing dishes of animals.
· Carrying out related tasks whenever required.
The successful applicants will possess the following personal attributes:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be a quick learner and a good listener
· Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
· Thrive under a fast-paced, challenging, yet rewarding working environment
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment, while demonstrating a high level of initiative
· Excellent organizational skills essential.
SCAN offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits plan (health, vision, dental, CE, scrub allowance, and PTO).
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered for future opportunities.